Careers Co-ordinator, Education Professional 11-19
, South East
Head of Business, Enterprise, Economic Awareness and Careers
Sutton Grammar School
An experienced education professional with highly developed managerial and project management skills. Fifteen years experience as a Head of Department for Business, Enterprise, and Economics Education. Work Related Learning has recently been added to my portfolio. Specialist understanding of the enterprise agenda. A team player who contributes fully to whole school issues and activities. An innovator who enjoys developing challenging and fun learning activities.
November 1995-present: Sutton Grammar School
MA Education, modules in Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership and Management, Strategy and Change, Research dissertation on enterprise education and transferable employability skills.
Chartered London Teacher, Work-Related Learning Coordinator.
Head of Business Education, Enterprise, Economic Awareness and Careers
Whole school responsibility for Enterprise
Teacher of Business Studies, Enterprise, Personal Economics, ICT, Economics, Citizenship, Careers, Curriculum Enrichment, and Games.
Young Enterprise Sutton Area Board Member.
• Managing and designing programmes of study, for Business Education, Enterprise, Personal Finance, Economics, Careers, Work Related Learning Citizenship, ICT and Games.
• Development of schemes of work for Business Education, Enterprise, Personal Finance, Citizenship, ICT, Careers and Games.
• Delivery of GCSE, AS and A2 Business Studies, KS4 Enterprise half GCSE Personal Finance, KS5 Curriculum enrichment and KS3/4 Games
• Teaching the AQA GCSE and A level syllabi.
• Mentoring and training beginning teachers.
• Developing enterprise education in the boroughs of Sutton and Merton.
• Management of Careers Officer
2014 Student Finance Parental Advice evening on obtaining student loans
2013 My Y10 Business students won a borough wide Science and engineering competition.
Careers fair 2013: organising 68 delegates, 400 students, and delegate biographies
Enterprise week 2012: I organised several enterprise activities for the whole school, including, The Apprentice, Dragons Den, trade fairs, workshops and a share trading game
My Young Enterprise teams have reached the London finals and won the Sutton Area competition and the South London competitions for the last three years.
I have planned, organised and delivered whole day enterprise events for 120 Y10 and Y11 students.
I have introduced a new course in Personal Economics for all Y10 students.
I have been actively involved in providing exceptional added value scores for all examined classes.