The UK Register of Career Development Professionals is the single national point of reference for ensuring and promoting the professional status of career practitioners across the whole sector to other members of the profession, their customers and employers, as well as policy makers, funders and all other stakeholders.
Being on the Register is the sector equivalent to Chartered Status. It provides proof that you hold a full qualification in career development which is at QCF Level 6 or SCQF level 11 or above and that it is at least 60 credits in size. Many employers are now requesting that practitioners hold such qualifications and being on the Register is a means of proving this.
It also provides:
Recognition that you adhere to a Code of Ethics and understand how to apply ethical considerations to your work.
- Confirmation that your skills and knowledge are up to date through your undertaking, reflecting on and recording of 25 hours CPD per year.
- Access to the Find a Registered Career Development Professional area of the CDI website to advertise the service you offer and where employers and customers can find details of people on the Register in their area/across the UK.
- A means for you to produce Effective Practice Case Studies which can be used to show Governments and stakeholders the value of professionally delivered career guidance and development.
- Access to a network of similarly qualified and experienced experts across the whole career development sector, both in the UK and internationally.
- Use of the post nominal RCDP and the above logo which you can use after your name; on printed materials and your website to confirm and promote your registered status.
- Additional discount on a range of career development resources (over and above the discount received by CDI Members), free access to webinars to be introduced this Summer and a free personal licence for the popular Career Companion website.
The cost of joining the UK Register of Career Development Professionals is £55. Conditional registration costs £30. Payment can be made by either credit card or BACS.
A re-registration fee of £25 will be invoiced annually from April 1st 2015, at which point all CPD records and entries on the Register will have been checked.
Registration is voluntary and open to those holding:
- CDI Approved Qualification or
- Alternative Qualifications (in areas such as careers education, human resources, youth and community, professional studies, business development and professional development) equivalent to QCF Level 6/SCQF Level 11 or above and who can provide robust assessed evidence of competence equivalent to QCF Level 6/SCQF Level 11 or above in career development based on the current National Occupational Standards: Career Development (NOS:CD). Endorsement of these qualifications for the Register is a costed service.
- Once the National Occupational Standards: Career Development are revised there may be a third route available. This will use a Competency Framework based on the revised NOS:CD and people will be required to demonstrate their competence against this Framework.
- Practitioners with S/NVQ Level 4 in a specified career development qualification can be conditionally registered as long they achieve the three specified QCF Level 6 units or HE Modules before 30th April 2016. Anyone wishing to have this combination of qualifications or the alternative qualifications route recognised as being equivalent to QCF Level 6 must join the Register before 30th April 2016.
Full details of the Requirements and Commitments are available on the CDI website. If you have any questions relating to the above please contact the Professional Development Manager – [email protected]
Join The CDI Professional Register
Conditional Registration £30
Re-registration fee of £25 from April 2015.
|Get in Touch|
| CDIRegister_Brochure (pdf)|